Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Friggin' Tuesdays

I was checking out the agenda for the staff meeting tomorrow. Item number 4: Internet use policy. Now I'm totally ticked off, anticipating this big lecture about not using the computer for personal use. Argh. I honestly don't see what the harm is in checking my emails at work. For me, telling me that I can't use the computer is like saying I can't use the phone. Its my lifeline to the outside world. Not to mention the fact that practically everyone else I work with are smokers, and they take several liberties during the day to go out to smoke. But I cannot use the computer for a moment or two here and there. Total BS but there is not much I can do about it. I hate my job.
Another reason I hate my job: yesterday I did two pregnancy tests. One girl was sixteen with a four month old baby already. The test was positve. She was happy, though I can't understand why. The other one was a woman with five kids already. She said she wants to 'get rid of it ASAP'. Then today, another pregnancy test on this woman with three kids under three. Positive. She was crying. I don't get it. Have you not heard of birth control?? It seems that everyones turning up pregnant but me these days. I don't get it. But what can you do?

I know my blogs aren't as interesting as they used to be. Someone (namely my mom) was complaining about yesterdays content. I now understand the pressure that movie stars are under. Its hard to always be putting on a happy face for your public. The pressure gets to you, and next thing you know you turn up on the cover of a tabloid with your hair all messed up and looking blotto. Speaking of blotto, I think I shall have a drink to cheer me up. Thanks for tuning in.

No comments: