Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The war wages on.

Here I am again. I don't know why I do this, people. You say 'we want the blog', 'we need the blog'. So I write one and what response do I get? Nothing. A comment from my mom and my SIL. I mean, bless them (and really, I do. They're great people. If you don't know them, you should meet them), but the thing is that I talk to them like every day anyways. So I don't really need to write a blog for them. You see where I'm going with this? But anyways.
For those of you who are familiar with dates and holidays, you will note that today is Halloween. This year was quite swell. Gage was a vampire and Payton was Dora. It was a busy day and it is good now to relax. I am looking forward to throwing out our Jack O Lanterns, as they seem to have sprouted hairs. I've consulted the manuals, and apparently this is a bad sign. I know you may thinking 'what manuals are there for pumpkins and where shall I purchase mine?' Well, there are a variety of manuals available (You and Your Gord, Harper Collins; Gording to Know your pumpkin, McNally Robinson and Pumpkins for Dummies, Random House Press.) They are very titillating if you love pumpkin trivia and facts, which I can only assume that any warm blooded woman would. The pumpkin issue aside, every year I seem to notice a disturbing trend. My children were trick or treating for about forty five minutes and got about two bags of candies each, which if you do the calculations, is about fourteen cubic centimeters of candy every four minutes. I am quite certain that when I was a child this formula was quite different. To get that same amount of candy I probably would have had to go trick or treating for nine to eleven hours. And it's not just the quantity of candy that's on the rise. The quality is also much improved. During my trick or treating years, I got probably 85% crap-- which includes those horrid molasses things, God only knows what they're made of, those "Rockets' which are just like chalk or something, jelly beans, raisins and suckers. These days it's 85% chocolate bars and chips, 15% 'other'. These kids these days. They just don't know how good they have it. I'll tell ya, it wasn't like that back in my day. Back in my day we had to walk thirteen miles in forty below weather with no shoes on just to get a mesely bag of Rockets and raisins, but it was worth it because that comprised at least 50% of your candy consumption for the year. Nowadays, candy is like a staple in thier diet. My kids don't even eat their Halloween Candy because they get better candy just in the usual course of their daily lives. Well, I guess, I'm to blame for that, really, but I'm a victim of this society, so I don't know any better, so don't be hatin'.
Onto other matters. They say that 'once an addict always an addict' and that recovery is just day by day "One day at a time, Sweet Jesus"). This is a lesson that I have learned through my many wise and learned years. And I guess that pregnancy test addictions are more similar to other addictions than I had realized. I seem to have caught the buzz again. Some months ago, I posted a little diddy called "My last pregnancy test". Sadly, unbenounced to me at the time, that was not to be the case. So now I am back at it, although I do seem to be able to space them out by two to four days in between tests, which is good. I did one today, which was negative. I just hate it because I never really know what is up with me. I haven't had my period since... well it's complicated to explain. Here is a rundown of my menstual cycle for the past several months. I know that is something that weighs heavy on everyones mind.
Nov 23 '06-- miscarried
Dec 24 '06--Started period
Jan 22 '07 --Started period
Feb 22 '07--Last period before next misc.
Mar 20 '07--Positive preg. test
April 23 '07-- Miscarried.
May '07--No period
June '07-- No period
July '07-- Induced period July 2
-Postive preg test July 31/07
August 30/07--Miscarried
Sept/07--No period
Oct/07--No period.
So, it seems that things have been out of whack. I think my uterus took a little vote and voted to strike. It's like "they don't pay me enought for this S**T." and just walked off the job, which, to a certain extent, I could understand, because it has had a rather busy year. I asked to OBGYN about it and she was like 'it doesn't really matter. As long as you get four periods a year we don't worry about it." She said the only thing is that it will make it harder for me to get pregnant, but the only way to regulate it is to go on the pill, which, obviously will make it even harder to get pregnant. I don't see her again until January, so hopefully things will straighten themselves out before then, because I don't even know if I can get pregnant at the moment with things like this, not that we're really trying to, but at the same time, we're not trying not to try, either. You're probably not following me, but that's OK. Anyways. Today a patient at my work asked me if I was pregnant. I said "No. Why do you ask? Am I getting fat? (and face it, I am. Read my entry "Roll out the barrel for my feelings on that subject). She said I looked 'glowing' like a pregnant person. I said no, that was just the after effect from being overworked (I'll thank the nursing shortage for that), but thanks. Anyways. I guess that is all I really wanted to say. Have a nice night!!!

2 comments:

jayceelee said...

I too would like to comment on the amount of candy my kids got too only after Trick or Treating for about an hour. It was awesome. I don't have to make supper for a week now, but should probably stock up on the "oxy" pads now (do they still make those?)
I think you'll get prego no problem. I think its in the water, I know quite a few pregos right now. So good luck!!
I appreciate the dedication to the blog. Like I said on your facebook page, "How will I know whats going on in yours and Gee's sex life if I can't read it on the internet?"
Love Ya Jody

Lorrie said...

Hey Dini!
1. I rather like rockets
2. I believe the last time we had as much snow as you say you walked through on Halloween was 1902 and you weren't even a twinkle in your Great Grandparents' eyes (remember...I'm an affiliate with the Weather Network now!!)
3. Normally I would say "bully for you" for not getting your 'friend' but in this case I can see how it would be a double negative...you either think your preggo all the time or are waiting for it to come so you can try. So no bully for you.
4. I resent the fact that my comments are invalid as it takes me HOURS to compose them...I'm a little dimwitted lately.
5. That is all...I just didn't want to end my comment on an even number for religious reasons.