Thursday, September 4, 2008





Here he is, my pride and joy! For some odd reason, this is the face he always makes whenever I dance or sing to him. Actually, come to think of it, a lot of people seem to make that face when I dance or sing. I don't understand why. I sing perfectly well. In fact, when I suggested that I try out for Canadian Idol, everyone discouraged me only because I would be too good for the show and put all the other contestants to shame, which obviously I wouldn't want to do. I mean, lets face it: not everyone can be of my calibre so I might as well let them have thier fun.
Anyways, Lex, though he looks rather disgruntled in the aforementioned picture, is actually growing into a very happy baby. He smiles a lot, and is sleeping well. Last night he slept from 10:00 til 5:30, so I was a very happy mama. Now, that doesn't happen every day, but every once in a while is fine with me. He weights 12 lbs, 2 ozs, which is pretty good for just eight weeks old, but it's kind of scary for me to see him growing so fast. I want him to stay my little baby forever. Obviously that isn't going to happen, though.
So, exciting news for me: one Miss Rebecca Bloomwood is coming to the big screen! For those of you who areren't familiar, Rebecca Bloomwood is the main character in Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. When I saw that preview on the telly, I just couldn't believe it! I haven't been this excited since I emerged from the bomb shelter on Jan 1 2000 to find that civilization still existed. If you have not read the Shopoholic series you definately should. It is rather addictive, just like shopping itself. At first, I was a skeptic, too. The first time I read a Shopoholic book was at work. It was a cold, dark night and I was stationed to work right through until the daylight. Technically, at work you're supposed to do actual work, but I have always found that policy to be totally outdated and irrelevant. Work is such a buzzkill, so generally I try to read at work and intersperse it with bursts of work or work related things. But without a book to read, the night was going long and I was getting bored. A coworker of mine had a book that she had just finished and offered it to me. I looked at it, distastefully. Reluctantly, I took the book. It sounded stupid, downright frivolous. An entire book about a girl who goes shopping. But I had little choice. I needed to read to survive. So I read a page. And then another. And then I was hooked. I found myself the next morning, instead of going home to nice warm bed, out shopping, looking for Shopoholic books. Such is the appeal of these books. It's like crack on paper. Very addictive but less expensive, and it doesn't leave track marks which is good if you have kids. Well, I guess it's good all around. Track marks are so unsightly. So when I saw that they were making a movie you can imagine my excitement. The bad thing is that I have to wait until February for it.
February is such a stupid work. Why is there an "R" in it?
Anyways, that was just an aside. So that is the excitement in my life. Oh, ya, there are the kids and the husband. They're still around, well the husband, not so much. His work schedule is pretty hectic, so I don't see a lot of him, which isn't always a bad thing. The only difference between when he's home and when he's not is that there's football on the TV when he's here and Slice when he's not. Obviously, I prefer Slice.
Anyways, that is all for now.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

I feel your excitement over the flick. Shall have to make that night in febuary (yeah, the r is totally stupid) an evening out. Supper, movie, drinks...sqrew Sex and the City.
That pic of Lex is hilarious!!!!