Monday, April 26, 2010

Okay. I'm not making excuses or anything, but...

You always can sort of tell when someone prefaces a statement like that there is, of course, an excuse to follow. It's sort of like when people say "I'm not racist or anything, but..."
So, ya, OK, maybe I am making excuses. I haven't exactly held up to my end of the bargain. It's been seventeen days since I set my goal of writing four hundred pages. I've written exactly two. Which doesn't sound overly impressive, I will admit. But I figure if I pump out ten or twenty pages this weekend I can get back on track.
Easy peasy.

Truth be told, it's been sort of a tough week for me, my dad's in the hospital. He is awaiting pacemaker surgery, and he's doing all right. I've learned two major life lessons: Number one: Never make eye contact with the shifty guy sitting next to you in the ER. It starts with a little joke about "where's a Tim Horton's when you need one?" and ends up with being on the receiving end of a very long and involved psychiatric history.
Secondly, don't trust the stew that they serve in the hospital. It bears a striking resemblance to Alpo.
But joking aside, the lesson is that family is everything.
And excuses aside, I will get back to my writing.
On the weekend.
Probably.
Hopefully.
We'll see how things go.

No comments: