Friday, April 30, 2010

Paranoia

I think I'm being followed.
And I'm not just joking.
Every single time I go to Superstore (and that's a lot, let me say) I see the same small framed, older lady with a grey fleece vest and glasses. I see her, and I think to myself, I think, Wow, isn't it amazing how I see her every single time?
And OK, granted, yes she does work there. But still. She can't work all day, every day, can she? And the thing of it is that, no matter where I am in the store, there she is. I could be in the pickle aisle, scoping out the pickles. And then there she is. The next day I might be in the meat aisle. And there she is.
Now don't tell me that one person could be working the pickle aisle, AND the meat aisle.
Today after work I had to stop at Superstore to get some chili powder, which let me tell you, is another story in and of itself, but there I was in the spice aisle, and along came, guess who? Little miss grey fleece vest. She tried to look like she was looking at something else, but I wasn't so sure.
I'm beginning to wonder if they have me flagged as some sort of a shop lifter? As soon as they see come into the store they get someone to tail me. Because I saw againg after that, after I left the spice aisle and started looking for socks for Alex, because don't get me started about socks for Alex- it's like I have one sock from every single pair of socks he's ever owned. And then suddenly, there she was again. Convenient isn't it?

But OK. Like whatever. I'm a shoplifter and I've come to lift a package of no name chili powder that retails for two dollars and seventy cents. Really??
I mean, I don't know. I don't think I look overly shifty or shady.
Although I did shop lift once from there. But it was strictly an accident. And I ended up paying for the item anyways, which happened to be a Christmas advent calander that retailed for ninety nine cents. Actually there were three of them if I remember correctly.
And it wasn't my fault. I had a faulty cart. Like literally, I had a cart that had square wheels. I pretty much had to lift the cart to get it to move. And when you have two kids in the cart, that ain't such a good thing. And so I thought, well screw this. I'm just going to abandon this cart right here right now and go back out and get a new cart, which seems like a good idea in principle but when you have two kis and it was the middle of winter, it's not so simple. Not to mention the fat that I was going to have to shell out another dollar for it. But then I didn't see that I had an option about it either way. So I took what I had in my cart and went outside to get a new cart. It was only when I went outside and started transferring my merhandise to the new cart that I realized my plan wasn' entirely well thought out.
But still, no one had said anything to me about it on my way out.
And it ended up being paid for in the end.
I complained at the customer service desk about my cart and they seemed, frankly, a little less than apologetic. Although I do note that they now have carts which seem to work properly.
Anyways. I think I'm being followed.

8 comments:

nikki said...

YAH!!!! Im caught up on your blogs!!! Usually when I put O down for a nap, I do very productive things, like watch TV...but today I said, I am going to read your blogs. You are literally the funniest person I know! And I know alot of people, like 199! Good thing I was not around for the kids on Vacation blog! Things could have gotten nasty! I think you know where I stand on that! I laughed out loud at each blog! I promise to keep updated and commenting...so watch out Lorrie! Im going to out comment you!
PS- I don't think you are being followed. That sounds like Jackie the price checker, and she sneaks up on you like a ninja!!!

randine said...

Well that is good if she is just the price checker! I am gld you are back!!

Lorrie said...

Actually Nikki, I'll have to correct you...once again. I believe the stalker in question is Mrs. Hall - does she look like Casey off of Mr. Dressup? She was my highschool English teacher with a gambling problem.
If there was a 'Shopper of the Year' award you'd totally win it...when I phone and you're not home I don't even ask where you are...I know you're either in the bath or at Superstore!
Nikki, BRING IT.

Lorrie said...

Maybe Mrs. Hall's first name is Jackie? I never did get on a first name basis with her...what with the teacher/student relationship and all. Next time I see her I can say 'yo, Jackie, how is the gambling prob?'

nikki said...

Seriously...a gambling problem?!?! Good thing she doesn't work with the money!!!

Lorrie said...

Awwwweeee, now I tarnished your ninja image of her?!?!? It was just a rumour like that one that goes, "did you hear Nikki sits alone and plays cult Wii games?"

Ma said...

I Love U & Nikki & LoLo 2---
I wonder if sometimes people, would u ever think--maybe just once a guy---then again the whole world---could it be there are---say--if a --like just one-- take 4 example-- anywhere on earth you should always---but maybe sometimes ---it probably all started---
Never mind---
Who votes I start a blog- or leave it 2 my daughta'??!!

randine said...

Well said mother. I mean if we weren't always trying to avoid...if we just had the time, I mean... if we could all just look in the mirror... or even just imagine it...but then it couldn't, or really it shouldn't... but then again, who am I to judge anyone else??