Monday, April 16, 2007

The Plan

I've spoken with my doctor and the plan for now is to monitor my HcG levels for the week. She said they should be doubling every 48 hours, but even if its not doubling exactly but even just going up we will be happy. She sounded somewhat optimistic, saying that at least the pregnancy is progressing, as at least today there was an embryo with a heart beat. She said she's seen two other cases like this: in one the person miscarried but in the other it turned out OK. So I guess we will have to wait and see. Should know by the end of the week whether the numbers are going up or down. In the meantime I will be staying home from work and taking it easy.
I've done much reading on the subject and from what I can tell, my chances are slim to none. Here is a website where several other people have been in my same situation. If you have some time to read it's interesting stuff.
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/QA/answers-Low_fetal_heart_rate/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanx for posting the website! It leaves me feeling pesssimistacly optimistic or visa versie,. I think its a wee bit better than 50/50, and I hope that is not only wishful thinking bUT a possibility! Love you ,and want exactly what you want ;so when I go to bed tonite I will do some SERIOUS praying!!! love Mom (You know: We Moms never stop worrying about our babies, I love you my baby girl!!!XXOO

Lorrie said...

Hello Dini!
I'm so glad your taking it easy this week. If you need anything let me know.
Kids driving you up the freaking bend...call me and I'll yell at them. Kidding, I'll take them off your hands.
Love ya SIL

Unknown said...

I just read the site you posted. I find it amazing how many people have encountered the same thing. There is hope Randine and for now I'm thinking and praying for you! Love you honey, if there is anything i can do to help you out let me know.
Love Aunt Gail