Monday, August 6, 2007

5 Weeks

I'm five weeks pregnant today. There's nothing really interesting happening. So far I'm not having any symptoms, which is OK because usually I don't really get anything like morning sickness until about seven weeks. Sometimes my breasts hurt and sometimes they don't. Whenever they don't I become deathly afraid that something horrible is about to happen. I have done four pregnancy tests just because I'm always thinking "what if I've already lost it..." Anyways, they're all positive so I guess that's a good sign. I'm neurotic and I try to pass the days by sleeping as much as possible and laying around. Everytime one of the kids jumps on me or the dog pounces me I become paranoid. I go to the bathroom all the time to make sure I'm not bleeding or anything. So far nothing like that. Tomorrow I will fax my doctor my positive pregnancy test result and ask her to book me an ultrasound for next week. I think I'll feel a lot better about things once I have that ultrasound. Assuming of course, that the ultrasound is OK.
Other than my neuroticism, there is nothing much new. One rather unfortunate development occured on Thursday of last week. We have to remove our jewelry at work to smudge in the morning. I guess I forgot to put my wedding bands back on afterwards. Now they are nowhere to be found. So of course, that was a rather sickening feeling for me. I filed a police report and everything. On the upside, the dude who took my statement was really hot. And the really crazy thing is that we share the exact same birthday. We will both be turning thirty soon. For a moment I thought it was Fate that brought us together. But then I remembered why I was there: to report my stolen WEDDING Bands. And that I'm pregnant. So I guess there's not much of a chance for Constable Wall and I. There's also not much of a chance that my wedding bands will ever be found. Our house insurance will pay for it but its a $500 deductible, so that sucks. Because of course, don't we all just have five hundred bucks laying around to spare? Well, maybe some of you do. Myself, a lowly nurse, I don't. Well, I should go. Peace out. And if any of you happen to be in a pawn shop and see my rings, please let me know!

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

The only offence I take with this post is the fact that you didn't capitalize the 'n' in Nurse. I consider you almost as good as a Doctor if not better.
Also, the negativity on the baby...think positive thoughts, thing positive thoughts, think positive...ah f it. I know how you feel.