Monday, June 21, 2010

I received this (sort of) rejection letter today:

Dear Ms. Sorowski.
Thank you for reaching out to me. I do ask that a sample accompany all queries. Please feel free to resubmit.

First of all- I'm surprised that this isn't a straight out rejection, since I evidently failed to read their submission criteria properly, or even at all, possibly, for all she knows. I'd probably reject myself on that basis alone. Although in my defense, on their website they say "we do not accept unsolicited material", and I thought that meant sample pages, maybe. I didn't know.
And then I thought, wow, I really like the tone of this- "thank you for reaching out to me."

But then I thought- shit. What did I send her, exactly?? Did I somehow, inadvertently, drunkenly, send her the draft of my suicide letter??
Just kidding.
There is no draft.
I just plan on winging it when the time comes. Off the cuff. More real that way. More raw.
Anyways.
That is all for now.

No comments: