Monday, February 5, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

The following was written at 1235hours

Things are not quite on track over here on Vanier cresent. First of all, and most disapointingly, our bed is not in. The stupid Prick has screwed us over once again. The bed is on backorder. They do not know when it will be in. We're supposed to call again this weekend and see. I hate that place. This is the last time we will shop there. Next time we will DEFINITELY be going to Leons. I would strongly advise you to do the same.
Also, as you know, I am fertile this week (in theory). But we have not gotten around to doing the deed yet, and it seems that it is not going to happen any time soon. My husband went to a Superbowl game last night. The game was at five o'clock. He came home at seven. AM. Needless to say, we are not speaking right now and therefor not even close to being on 'you-know-what'ing terms. So whatever. I honestly feel sometimes that I'm married to a sixteen year old. A big, balding sixteen year old with the metabolism of a forty year old. And I don't understand his reasoning. He's like "I didn't want to call you and wake you up". So apparently he was being considerate. But doesn't he realize that when he's 9 hours late coming home I'm probably going to be awake anyways?? I tried calling his cell, no answer, no answer. I was honestly mere minutes away from calling the hospitals when he came home. And then he just blows it off like I'm being irrational for being on the verge of calling the hospitals. And then I have to get up and go to work, whilst he plops on the couch and remains there for the entire day. And whats worse is that men are so STUPID. I mean, its not impossible for him to bounce back into my good graces by doing a little- well, maybe a lot, of schmoozing. If he bought me flowers and a card. Or even just cleaned the house and made a meal for me. Or did something, ANYTHING, to try to woo me back. But instead he lays on the couch and snores his freaking head off. I am honestly reconsidering reproducing with him again all together. Perhaps I should take the two we have and run. Head for the hills.

The following was written at 1851hours

I guess I spoke too soon. I came home from work to discover a clean house and dinner on the table. Chicken fetttucince, no less. So perhaps he's not as bad as I thought. Maybe he's learned a thing or two in these three years of marriage. Or perhaps he really does read my blog. Whatever the case, I shall have to forgive him. And you know what that means... Makeup sex instead of just regular 'hurry up and get it over with' sex.

You may have noticed that I am no longer posting every day. I have decided that if I can write a blog for thirty minutes daily then I should channel that energy into some of my other writing. Over the weekend I wrote ten pages in a new novel I'm working on. A little something called Having Grace. The synopsis is posted as well. I will still post things on here from time to time to keep you, well, posted, I suppose. And at other times I will post excerpts from the book I'm working on. If you have any suggestions I welcome your feedback. Anyways, must go. The kids beckon.

No comments: