Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And the freaking chicken never came...

I came home from work tonight- did you sense it?- in a rather dark mood. So rather than cooking we decided to order chicken. An apparently easy solution. But, after waiting two hourse we thought we should phone and see what the hold up might be. But the friendly people at KFC are not so friendly, or smart. They're like 'oh, I don't know'. When will our food be ready? "oh I don't know", has it gone out yet? "oh, I don't know", is there anyone we can talk to who might know? "oh I don't know". So we said, well then I guess we'll just cancel our order if you can't even tell us when we might expect it after two freaking hours of waiting. And he was like, 'okay'. Click. So now its eight oclock. The kids have not eaten and are miserable because they're hungry and we've been promising them fries for the last two hours. Argh. Screw the booze. Where's the razor blades?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry about the friggin chicken, If I had known earlier I couldve fed your fam Hamburger Helper! Keep up the good work and I dont mean to bitch about the blog but your harshest critic just may be your biggest fan!! Must run off to Alberta tomorrow, love ya seeya when I get back!!Ma

Lorrie said...

Hey!! I applaud you for even working there...I couldn't handle all those women 'getting rid of' babies. Honestly, I'm clapping right now. I had a vision last night during the horrible singing on American Idol...you shall get prego in March. I'm sorry it's a bit of a wait but my visions are never wrong. Well, except for the time I had a vision I was a racecar driver. I'm ALMOST never wrong. Love you!!!
P.S. your blogs are still hilarious. I'm the one who is in a slump...it's a hardknock life being a Blog Author.